Monday, November 24, 2014

Uncle Tom Parker Wrote a Poem for His Yearbook in 1942






































When my Uncle Tom Parker (whose actual name was Steen Thomas Parker) was a freshman at Sandusky High School, he wrote the above poem for the school yearbook, the Fram. He is pictured below in a portion of Classroom 229 at Sandusky High School in 1942. He is the second to the last boy in Row 3. Right beside him was George Orr, who was my childhood mailman. Great memories came across my path today, as I reflected upon the fact that my uncle and my former mailman were once high school freshmen!


2 comments:

Nancy said...

How fun, Dorene. What became your uncle's profession? Poet or writer?

Dorene from Ohio said...

Well, Uncle Tom wasn't a professional poet or writer, but he had a wonderful sense of humor!