Saturday, February 25, 2012

How the Catholic Gene Blog Led Me to a Shopping Trip in Tiffin, Ohio


On September 27, 2011, the Educated Genealogist, Sheri F., presented a tribute to St. Vincent de Paul at the Catholic Gene blog. Since St. Vincent de Paul devoted himself to works of charity, there are now a whole network of thrift stores named after this Saint.

After reading the blog post about St. Vincent de Paul, I decided that I would try to visit the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Shop closest to my home in northern Ohio. It turned out that the thrift shop closest to me is in Tiffin, Ohio. Today on our way to take our grandsons to the American Civil War Museum of Ohio,



















we also got to stop in at the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Shop in Tiffin, Ohio.






















There was even a rabbit in the thrift shop!






















So that is how this "Graveyard Rabbit" was led to visit the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Shop in Tiffin, Ohio. Thanks Sheri, you inspire me in many ways!!


P.S. Our grandsons thoroughly enjoyed their visit to the American Civil War Museum of Ohio. There were over forty hands-on exhibits, so they learned some American history in an easy to understand manner!

6 comments:

Sheri Fenley said...

Doreen Dahling! I absolutely adore you!

Dorene from Ohio said...

Sheri,

You know the feeling is mutual!!

The lady at the Thrift Shop went outside to show us exactly how to get to the Civil War Museum!

A good time was had by all!

PalmsRV said...

Thanks for taking us along on your journey! Cathy @ palmsrv

Dorene from Ohio said...

Cathy -

Thanks for stopping by! It is really fun to get to know other bloggers virtually!

Nancy said...

Dorene, I want to know: did you buy the rabbit?

Thanks for taking us along on your shopping trip and showing us your cute grandsons.

Dorene from Ohio said...

Well, I didn't buy the rabbit, because I was so busy making sure
my grandsons didn't choose too many items! It was a very nice shop!