Saturday, January 7, 2012

Views of the Schoepfle Monument at Oakland Cemetery






















Every time I visit Sandusky's Oakland Cemetery, I see this beautiful monument in memory of Christian F. Schoepfle, a prominent banker in Sandusky and his wife, the former Sarah Knoepfle. Mr. Schoepfle died on December 16, 1919, and Mrs. Schoepfle died on April 30, 1910. Because I am very much an amateur photographer, it seems like the light and shadows never allow me to get the "perfect shot." Though my photography skills are lacking, I never fail to be inspired by this lovely sculpture, which features a female deep in thought, holding a wreath of flowers.






















Here is a view of the monument in black and white.






















One of the software editing tools from Kodak EasyShare is called the coloring book effect, which creates the look of an engraving.






















If you are ever in Sandusky, Ohio, see this lovely monument at Oakland Cemetery for yourself!

No comments: