Sunday, July 15, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy: Organizational Tools

The prompt for Week 29 of 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy, from Amy Coffin at We Tree, and hosted by Geneabloggers, is: Organizational Tools

Which organizational tool or tip is your favorite? How did you find it? How does this tool or tip assist in your family history research?


An organizational tool that I find helpful for storing my cemetery pictures that may appear on my blog is DropShots. The url for Dropshots is: www.dropshots.com.

With a free account, up to five hundred pictures and ten videos can be uploaded, at no cost. With a premium account, unlimited pictures, along with videos up to ten minutes in length may be uploaded.










As a rule, I take several cemetery pictures in one visit, when I have a free morning or afternoon. At home, I edit the pictures with Kodak EasyShare software and/or Windows Live. After editing the pictures, I use the "Drag-n-Drop" feature of DropShots to upload the images.














When I want to retrieve my cemetery pictures, I just log onto my DropShots account, where the images are stored by date. Pictured below are thumbnails from a photo shoot in the Spring of 2012.











My niece in Mississippi told my about DropShots. She enjoys using her DropShots account to share family pictures across the many miles with her relatives in Ohio and Michigan with ease! I hope you will check out the DropShots website, it you haven't already!

1 comment:

Shelley Bishop said...

This is a great tip, Dorene! I've never heard of Drop Shots before, but I'm definitely going to have to check it out. Thanks!