Wednesday, December 8, 2021

When Dorene Interviewed cousin Wilma



In 1995, I visited cousin Wilma Voight Hanck, and we talked about family history. Wilma's mother was Emma Piehl Voight, making Wilma a niece to my great grandma Lena Piehl Yeager. Wilma said that when Great Grandpa Lena Piehl Yeager and Grandpa Andrew Yeager had their fiftieth wedding anniversary, Wilma helped make food for the big celebration. Because all the families had gotten so big, I did not recall any get togethers between my branch of the Piehl family and Wilma's, but I know that Grandma Yeager and her sister Emma and their families visited back and forth, long ago, before I was born.

Below is a copy of what we talked about in 1995. God bless loved ones who share family history with the younger generation!!



 

1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

What a wonderful transcript of family memories!