Monday, March 14, 2016

Steen Thomas Parker Married Evelyn James in Sandusky

















Pictured above are Evelyn and Steen Thomas Parker, and their oldest child, Patricia Ann Parker, not long after they got married in Sandusky, Ohio. Today when I was looking for something else, I ran into an article about their wedding, from the August 21, 1947 issue of the Sandusky Star Journal. Steen Thomas Parker was my mom's older brother, making him my uncle.

































They went on to have two more children, Steen Thomas Parker, Jr. and Shelley Parker. When I was little, we all looked forward to the Parker family's  annual cross-country drive from California to Ohio, to visit all the relatives back in Erie County! Though they later divorced, and each married again, it was delightful to read about Uncle Tom and Aunt Ev's wedding in 1947!

No comments: