Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sentimental Sunday: My First Song on the Trombone







When I was in the fifth grade, I started to learn how to play the trombone in our school band. (Later
I played alto clarinet.) The first song I learned was "Mary Had a Little Lamb."  When he heard me play that song, my dad picked me up, and literally carried me next door so I could play the song for his brother, my Uncle Wayne. I am quite sure that Uncle Wayne was not as thrilled about my musical talent as my dad was! I learned to have joy in small things from the example that Dad set! Thanks Dad!  Below is a family picture taken a few years before I signed up for the school band.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

I can just see your dad doing that! So glad they encouraged music in your family. I wish more parents understood how important it is to encourage children in whatever they attempt. I love this photo too!