Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sentimental Sunday: Bronzed Baby Shoes from 1951

















After I grew out of my first baby shoes, my mother had them bronzed. I recall that they originally were attached to a picture frame, but the frame did not survive. One shoe had my first name inscribed on it.














On the other shoe was my date of birth.













Well over fifty years old, these poor old shoes are quite worn and dusty, but I appreciate my parents' sentiment in preserving them! My mother was very sentimental, and she kept special cards, school projects, and decades of photograph albums. Our family's heritage is richer because Mom was such a "keeper." Thanks Mom!

Below is a picture of me and my parents from 1952. From that year forward, for many years, Mom had a family photo taken for our annual Christmas cards.

No comments: