Saturday, October 25, 2014

SNGF: Photographs Through the Generations

Randy, at GeneaMusings, gave us a new mission in the latest edition of Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. Here is the challenge:

1)   How many generations do you have photographs or portraits of your ancestors and descendants?  It can be any line...it just can't be broken!

2)  Tell us the line, or better yet, show us the unbroken line.  Provide birth-death years, and the approximate date that the photograph or portrait was made.

3)  Share your generation picture line in a blog post of your own, or in a Google+ or Facebook post, or in a comment to this post.  


===============================================
Though all my pictures show more than one generation, here is what I came up with. Below is a portrait of my mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and my great great grandfather in 1941, when my mother was in the wedding of family friends.




















Starting at the oldest generation, the individuals are:

Thomas F. Larkins, 1869-1944
Irene Larkins Risko, 1891-1961
Doris Wheeler Parker, 1910-1943
and
Joyce Parker Orshoski, 1931-2010

Here is a picture of my mom and I in 1961:




















My name is Dorene, and I was born in 1951.

Here are my three children and two grandchildren, in November 2010.

























So, that brings us to seven generations, going from Grandpa Tom Larkins down to my two young grandsons! Thanks for a fun Saturday Night, Randy!

No comments: