Sunday, June 26, 2011
Sentimental Sunday: Concretion in the Park in Sandusky, Ohio
A concretion made up of sedimentary deposits was found near Mills Street in Sandusky, Ohio was found in 1911. Professor Edwin L. Moseley, who was a naturalist and educator in Sandusky and Bowling Green, asked that the concretion be moved to the park adjacent to the High School in Sandusky, so all could see it. It was partially buried in 1991, so that deterioration could be stopped.
Moseley Hall at Bowling Green State University was named in honor of Professor Moseley. Several images and documents related to Edwin Lincoln Moseley can be viewed at BGSU's Centennial Memories Online Exhibit.