Saturday, June 11, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History: Clothes

The prompt for Week 24 of 52 Weeks of Personal History & Genealogy, by Amy Coffin of We Tree, and hosted by Geneabloggers, is: Clothes

What types of clothes did you wear as a child?
What was “in fashion” and did your style compare?
























What I remember about the clothes from my childhood days, is that the official dress code for school for girls was, that young ladies were to wear dresses or skirts. On church days, we would wear our dressiest dresses and skirts. Mom loved to dress me and my sister Robin alike, especially for the first day of school, and for Christmas and Easter. By the time youngest siblings Matt and Kellie came along, most children dressed more casually for school. To this day, I still enjoy wearing dresses and skirts!

No comments: