Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Genealogy Research/Writing Plan for 2011

The Call for Submissions for the Carnival of Genealogy 101, as posted by Creative Gene is:

My genealogy research/writing plan for 2011. Figure out what you think you can accomplish in 2011 and write it up on your blog.

My plan for genealogy research and writing in 2011 is that I don't have a plan! The three main ways I choose posts for the Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay are:
  • Taking digital photos at cemeteries as often as I can, and then researching the individuals whose lives are represented in those cemeteries;
  • Finding an interesting obituary or news article about a person, and then tracking down their tombstone;

or
  • Taking a digital photo of the tombstone of a person in my family and sharing recollections about that person.

I plan to continue in my somewhat serendipitous approach to blogging about tombstones and cemeteries, occasionally taking along my grown up children and elementary age grandchildren with me on my adventures. They have learned that if Mom/Gram sees a cemetery, we may have to stop and do some investigating.



1 comment:

Janice said...

Dorene,

There are so many graveyards that need to be documented before the vandals destroy them. Kudos to you for your work.

J at Cow Hampshire