Thursday, July 9, 2015

Treasure Chest Thursday: Baptism Record of Patrick Larkin/Larkins

















Listed on Number 21 on the image above is the baptism record of Patrick Larkin, who was the son of Daniel Larkin and Johanna Skehan of County Tipperary, Ireland. Patrick was baptized on March 21, 1827. These records are from the Killenaule parish. His baptismal sponsors were Patrick and Sally Graham. Thank you Malcolm for sharing this precious piece of family history with me!  "It's a long, long way to Tipperary," but with the computer age, this record finally found its way to me! Patrick Larkin/Larkins is my three times great grandfather. He came to the U.S. about 1830, and made his way to Sandusky, Ohio where he worked on the Mad River and Lake Erie Railroad, and later at Hubbard's lumber yard. Patrick and many of my Larkin/Larkins ancestors found their final resting place at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery in Sandusky, Ohio.










I am so thrilled to learn this piece of the puzzle of my Irish ancestry!

No comments: