This plaque which honors former science teacher Edwin Lincoln Moseley is on display at Sandusky High School. Mr. Moseley, known most often as Professor Moseley, taught science at Sandusky High School from 1889 to 1914. He often took his students out on field trips to learn more about the flora and fauna of the area. In 1914, Professor Moseley was named to the faculty of the Bowling Green Normal College, now Bowling Green State University. One of the earliest buildings on campus at BGSU was named for Professor Moseley.
Professor Edwin L. Moseley was on the science faculty at BGSU from 1914 to 1936. He passed away on June 6, 1948. He is buried at the Oak Grove Cemetery in Bowling Green, Ohio. To learn more about Professor Moseley, see these resources.
An outstanding biography, entitled Edwin Lincoln Moseley : Naturalist, Scientist, Educator, was written by Relda E. Niederhofer and Ronald L. Stuckey in 1998. Professor Moseley was an amazing individual! After his death, it was learned that Professor Moseley had left a generous amount of money to BGSU, for scholarships for deserving college students at his beloved Bowling Green State University. A concretion which is still located in Sandusky, near Adams Junior High School, was discovered by Professor Moseley near Mills Creek in 1911.