Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sentimental Sunday: 1966 Vacationland Sports Sampler


For the Summer of 1966, several advertisers from Erie and Ottawa County, Ohio placed ads in this small booklet, entitled the Vacationland Sports Sampler, which included many coupons (now expired.)  The booklet originally sold for $3.50. The Lagoon Deer Park offered coupons that gave a free admission to the park with a paid adult admission.

The Sandusky Putt Putt Miniature Golf course was located next to the Sandusky Speedway in 1966.


The Sandusky Speedway offered tickets for one free admission with one paid admission.


Cedar Point offered "ride all day" tickets for $3.50 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the summer of 1966.


Cheesehaven sold 88 kinds of cheese, along with several other meats, beverages, and baked goods in 1966. Mail order service was offered for all fifty states in the U.S.


These are just a few highlights from the Vacationland Sports Sampler from 1966. Thanks to my friend the collector for allowing me to view this nostalgic look at Vacationland from a few years ago!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

How fun, Dorene. I think it's wonderful that people save booklets and other old advertising and informational pamphlets. I tend to throw them away but often wish I'd saved some from when I was younger. It's nice that you live where you grew up. I think it must be very interesting searching your hometown for names you already recognize even though they're not members of your family.

I know a person who collects everything she can find about Clintonville, an area of Columbus. She knows backgrounds on so many things that I'd never even heard of in Clintonville and greater Columbus. And she's only in her early 40s!

Dorene from Ohio said...

Thanks so much for stopping by, Nancy! It is a blessing to live in the same area where I grew up!