Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sentimental Sunday: Log Cabin Restaurant Post Card and Glass















This post card of the Log Cabin Restaurant dates back to the 1970s. The restaurant, no longer in operation, was seven miles west of Sandusky, and overlooked Sandusky Bay. Before the closing of the old Sandusky Bay Bridge, the restaurant was a popular stop for boaters, families on vacation, as well as local residents. For twenty years, this restaurant was owned and operated by my Aunt Bertie and her husband John. Often when there was a death in the family, Aunt Bertie would close the restaurant, and have the funeral luncheon at the Log Cabin. Many stories were told, especially by my uncles. Though the building is now slated for demolition, the Log Cabin Restaurant was a very special place for my extended family for many years. My cousin recently gave me the post card and a glass from the Log Cabin Restaurant.
























No comments: