Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: June 15, 2013


Randy at Genea-Musings has given us this challenge this Father's Day weekend:

================================================================
Your mission this week, should you decide to accept it, is to:


1)  Sunday, 16 June, is Father's Day.  Let's celebrate by writing a blog post about our Father, or another significant male ancestor (e.g., a grandfather).

2)  What are three things about your father (or significant male ancestor) that you vividly remember about him?

3)  Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook Status or Google+ Stream post.

================================================================















Above is a picture of my husband and I, as I share a moment with my dad, Paul R. Orshoski, Sr., on our wedding day.  Mom is behind me, and the little ones are my baby sister Kellie and Tom's cousin Jerry. Dad left us in 1983, when he was only 55 years old. He packed a lot of life into those 55 years!

The three things that I remember most about my dad are:
  • his unconditional love 
  • his terrific sense of humor
          and
  • his willingness to help others.

Dad lived the Golden Rule throughout his life in a practical way, and he really showed us a wonderful example of how to face the challenges of life head-on. Dad and Mom raised a family of six children. We did not have a lot of expensive material things, though Dad was a very good provider. Just the every day things like going out for ice cream, going to Sunday School, to the ball game (oh so many ball games!) and celebrating the holidays with loved ones are memories that I will always cherish! We miss you Dad on this Father's Day weekend! Thanks for the memories!


 

4 comments:

PalmsRV said...

Very nice tribute, Dorene.

Dorene from Ohio said...

Thanks so much! Dad left us in 1983, and I still miss him every single day!

Kellie said...

I love this sis!

Dorene from Ohio said...

Thanks Kellie! You were a bright spot at our wedding :) and always!