Monday, October 31, 2011

Dead-a-Base at Adams Memorial Library in Latrobe, Pennsylvania



















While I was unsuccessful in obtaining a birth record for my grandfather, Steve Orshoski, who was born on December 15, 1905 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, I found an outstanding obituary service from the Adams Memorial Library in Latrobe, Pennsylvania!

Dead-a-Base is the clever name of the obituary database. Obituaries and death notices from the Latrobe Bulletin have been indexed from December 18, 1902 to the present. The fee schedule is:

One name $4.00
Two names $5.00
Three names $6.00
Four names $7.00
Five names $8.00

Requests and payments can be made by contacting the address below:

Adams Memorial Library
ATTN. Kathy Tobolewski
1112 Ligonier St.
Latrobe, PA 15650

I did find any of my ancestors in the Dead-a-Base, but I am sure that some of my Orshoski ancestors' neighbors and co-workers have been listed in the database. If you have ancestors from Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, check out this great genealogical resource!

2 comments:

PalmsRV said...

Dorene, The Dead-A-Base has already helped with a couple of Jim's McFadyen relatives. Thanks!

Dorene from Ohio said...

That is terrific!!