Charles H. Muenscher was born in Knox County, Ohio on November 13, 1887. He attended Kenyon College, and also studied engineering at Union College in Schenectady, New York. Mr. Muenscher moved to Sandusky, Ohio in 1857, and he was in the fur business for almost fifty years, on Water Street in downtown Sandusky. On October 11, 1906, Mr. Muenscher died at his home on Shelby Street. He was survived by a wife and four children. Charles H. Muenscher is buried in Oakland Cemetery.
The back of Mr. Muenscher's tombstone features a lovely vine border, and clasped hands in the center of the stone. An obituary for Charles H. Muenscher is found in the Sandusky Register of October 12, 1906.