Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday: Discussion with my Aunt Betty

When I was about seven years old, a little girl, close to my age, was killed in an automobile accident. My parents knew her parents, and at the funeral home, my father got tears in his eyes, to think of a child's life ending so soon. I had never seen my dad have such an emotional reaction.

Later that week, I was talking to my dear Aunt Betty, who lived next door. (Aunt Betty and her husband Wayne are pictured below, with two of their three children.)




I asked her how God could let such a young person die. She explained to me that I should think of all the people who die as being like a bouquet of flowers....well, God didn't always want to pick flowers that were wilted, and that God must have wanted a fresh, young flower for his heavenly bouquet. It made perfect sense!



How we miss Aunt Betty's common sense and her words of wisdom!

No comments: