Your mission this week, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) What day of the week was your Grandfather born (either one)? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Grandfather's birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Grandfather's birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
4) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook.
My maternal grandfather was Steen Leroy Parker.
Here are some facts about him:
- My grandfather, Steen L. Parker, was born on January 30, 1905, which was a Monday. (I learned this at rocketcalendar.com) His birth date was listed at FamilySearch, in the Ohio Births and Christenings database. (His name there was listed as Leroy Steen Parker, but he was always known as Steen Leroy Parker.)
- A few things that took place on January 30 were:
On January 30, 1847 - The town of Yerba Buena was renamed San Francisco.
On January 30, 1862 - The U.S. Navy's first ironclad warship, the "Monitor", was launched.
On January 30, 1894 - C.B. King received a patent for the pneumatic hammer.
On January 30, 1933 - "The Lone Ranger" was heard on radio for the first time.
On January 30, 2002 - Japan's last coal mine was closed.
(These facts were learned at http://www.on-this-day.com )
- Famous people born on January 30 include:
Franklin D. Roosevelt
(These names were listed at: http://www.famousbirthdays.com/january30.html )