Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sentimental Sunday: Cedar Point Booklet from 1911

Recently a local collector loaned me a Cedar Point promotional booklet from 1911. The booklet was printed by the Corday and Gross Company of Cleveland, for the Cedar Point Resort Company. G.A. Boeckling was the President and General Manager of Cedar Point in 1911.























I was able to scan several pages from the booklet, and create a slideshow at Kizoa.Com. Click the arrows to page through the images in the slideshow. Click on the words Cedar Point Booklet below, to see all of the pages in the booklet more easily.





You can click here to learn more about the history of Cedar Point. Several outstanding books have been written about Cedar Point, and are available to borrow at most Ohio libraries, or can be purchased at Cedar Point or Amazon.com. If you have ancestors who lived in northern Ohio in the twentieth century, it is very likely that they visited Cedar Point, or knew someone who did.

5 comments:

PalmsRV said...

My grandson lives in metro Detroit and had a field trip to Cedar Point on Thursday. He's hoping to go 3 more times this summer. Cedar Point was a ritual for his mother when she was young. We made the pilgrimage from Flint, MI, when I was in high school. All those Michiganders in Ohio! Now I like the view from Johnson's Island.

Dorene from Ohio said...

I think the view from Johnson's Island is beautiful as well! My great grandfather was a concessionaire at Cedar Point, way back,...from about 1924-1954. He loved the Point!

Melanie said...

Having grown up in Sandusky, OH I find the history of such a fun place to go interesting.

Melanie said...

Having been a resident of Sandusky, OH during my childhood I find the history of place that has so many fond memories interesting.

Melanie said...

Even after visiting Cedar Point so many times in my life, I find the history of the amusement park exetremely interesting.