Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Hungarian Baptism Record from 1834 of a Possible Ancestor







As I was refining a pedigree chart in FamilySearch, a hint popped up. It was a Roman Catholic baptism record from Felsovadasz, Hungary, which I know to be the birthplace of my great grandfather Joseph Orshoski (sometimes spelled a wide variety of other ways!) The infant was named Josephus Orsosski, and he was baptized on March 18, 1834. His father was listed as Joseph Orsosski, and his mother was Anna Kerekes. I am not 100% sure that this is my direct ancestor, but I am reasonably sure he is related to my dad's side of the family. Take notice when a hint pops up in your genealogical research! This infant may be an early member of the Orshoski/Orszacky/Orsosski family, some of whom are pictured below on the occasion of my great grandmother's funeral held at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Sandusky, Ohio in 1919. She died very young, leaving Grandpa Joe with six young sons.



No comments: