Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sentimental Sunday: Steinle Automatic Wonder Clock at Cedar Point Town Hall Museum






















Though it is no longer operating, Frank Steinle's Automatic Wonder Clock is now on display at the Town Hall Museum at Cedar Point. Frank Steinle was a native of Germany who settled in Sandusky. It took him twenty five years to build this amazing clock. According to a post at the Sandusky History website, there were five themes on the clock: the races of man, the four periods of life, angels, patriotism and religion. Read more about this clock at Sandusky History. The workmanship on this clock is outstanding.

































If you find yourself at Cedar Point, and you're not a big fan of coasters, at the Town Hall Museum you can see many historical photographs and artifacts, which chronicle the history of the amusement park that has meant so much to our area for well over one hundred years!


3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Visiting the clock is always one of my favorite Cedar Point memories! It is truly outstanding.

Dorene from Ohio said...

Miss Merry,
I didn't learn about this amazing clock until I was
a grandma! It is remarkable!
Thanks for stopping by!

Brian said...

I first saw the clock when I was 15. It has been a source of wonder & amazement to me when, every now and then, I would try to learn more about it. I was told by a Cedar Point guide in 1975 plans were in the works to bring it back to life but it appears that was not to be. I would love to correspond with anyone having more information about it. blf35@hotmail.com