Saturday, August 9, 2014

SNGF: Share Some Elementary School Memories

Randy, at Genea-Musings, has challenged us to share some elementary school memories in this week's edition of Saturday Night Genealogy Fun.

















From grades one to three, I attended Venice Elementary School in Venice, Ohio, now within the city limits of Sandusky, Ohio's west side. Above I am seated on the merry go round with my friend Lydia Torres. I can remember being so excited to go to the first day of school! My cousin Carol, who was a bit older than me, watched out for me. I can recall Mrs. Pack, my first grade teacher. She was so lovely, and she seemed so smart!












In Mrs. Wheaton's 2nd grade, we said the Lord's Prayer every day, as well as the Pledge of Allegiance. I really enjoyed doing book reports in elementary school. In the third grade, my teacher was Mrs. Hall. She had a way about her that really made us all sit down, shut up, and behave ourselves! Below is classroom picture from my year in third grade.

















 I can recall my dad being very active in the PTA, and he helped to raise funds to get a projector for our school. Another time, he helped organize a carnival, with the proceeds going to the PTA. I can recall that the school lunches were delicious, prepared by Mrs. Sessler and Mrs. Bluhm. It was at Venice School where I met my lifelong friend Linda.   After Grade 3, we all moved to the "big school" in Castalia, where we got to know children from the Castalia Elementary School. My mother, children, and grandchildren all attended Margaretta Local Schools, so writing  this post brings back many wonderful memories that cover a long, long time.














Thanks for the walk down "Memory Lane," Randy!

1 comment:

Dana Leeds said...

Wasn't this fun? Your post reminded me that my mother was always a room mother who would help with the holiday parties, etc. There were 3 of us kids, so she switched between us each year. I wish I had easier access to my photos so I could add more than the one I did! http://theenthusiasticgenealogist.blogspot.com/2014/08/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-share-some.html