Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday's Tip: The Digital Archives of Huron Public Library from Huron, Ohio



An amazing resource that is new to me this week is The Digital Archives of Huron Public Library. The web address for this online resource is:

So as not to infringe on the "Terms of Use," I will not reprint any of the articles included in The Digital Archives of Huron Public Library. My brief experience with this database, is that when I put in the surname of my grandparents, great grandparents, and aunts and uncles, there are literally hundreds of articles! I could probably search this database for a week straight, and not get tired of browsing the historical articles it retrieves! Happy hunting! Most of the articles pertain to people and events that took place in Erie County, Ohio, with a strong emphasis on Huron and Berlin Heights, Ohio. Thanks for this delightful research tool, Huron Public Library!



4 comments:

PalmsRV said...

Don't you just love terrific local resources for your research!

Dorene from Ohio said...

This one is a real gem!

Nancy said...

Now I wish I had ancestors who lived in those areas, Dorene! Lucky you! I suppose (and hope that) eventually many libraries will create digital archives.

Dorene from Ohio said...

I hope so too, Nancy!