Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A Challenging Year


The year 2012 was definitely one of the most challenging years of my lifetime. My husband was in the Intensive Care Unit last June with bilateral pulmonary embolisms. The  staff at our local hospital literally saved his life. When we thought things were getting somewhat back to normal, our son took his own life after a long battle with depression. Our family faced other serious issues as well.

Thank you so very much to my family, friends, co-workers, and my genealogy family for all your prayers, words of encouragement, and so many other acts of kindness. You all helped me to get through a very difficult year!

5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your son. Prayers for you and your husband.

Dorene from Ohio said...

We would never have made it through this without the support of so many wonderful folks!

PalmsRV said...

Didn't realize just how difficult 2012 was for you, Dorene.

Shelley Bishop said...

Best wishes for peace, strength, and healing in the new year, Dorene. Hope the year ahead holds many blessings and joys for you and your family.

Nancy said...

Oh, Dorene, you had such sadnesses and difficulties in 2012. I hope 2013 is a much better, more peaceful year for you. I hope you find some small solace in good memories spent with your son. Blessings to you and your family.