This newspaper advertisement from the Herb and Myers Co. appeared in the June 24, 1928 issue of the Sandusky Register. From 1900 to 1929, Michael R. Herb and Frank H. Myers were partners in the Herb and Myers Store on East Market Street in downtown Sandusky, Ohio. Prior to the 1900, the C.L. Engels Store was in operation at the location of the Herb and Myers Store.
By 1931, Frank H. Myers was associated with the the Sandusky Folding Box Company,which he founded along with James Plain; and the store formerly known as the Herb and Myers Store was now known as the M. R. Herb Co., with Michael R. Herb serving as the company president. In 1939, the M.R. Herb Co. was destroyed in a large fire, and Mr. Herb retired.
On November 6, 1962, Michael R. Herb died at the age of 92. He had been active in the Sandusky Chamber of Commerce, Elks Club, St. Mary's Church, and the Knights of Columbus. Mr. Herb is buried in Calvary Cemetery in Sandusky.
Frank H. Myers passed away on February 22, 1965. Mr. Myers was a member of Grace Episcopal church, the Rotary club, and Science Lodge 50. He is buried in Section L of Sandusky's Oakland Cemetery.