Monday, December 11, 2023

Remembering a Christmas Eve in Bay Bridge


My first cousin Carol Gantz Keller was my next door neighbor in Bay Bridge for over thirty years. We shared stories, laughed and cried together, and very often Carol would bless us with homemade goodies.

One Christmas Eve, after Carol and Gary's big family get together, she called me up, and said "Come on over and get some food."  I told her I was ready for bed, and was in my flannel pajamas, and had curlers in my hair!! She said to come on over anyway!

She had tons of cookies, and meatballs, and shrimp, and the Christmas tree was beautiful. I told her I was embarrased by being in the pjs. She started quoting "Twas the Night Before Christmas." She said well you look like "Mama in her kerchief and I in my cap."

That took away my embarrassment, and soon I filled a plate with delightful goodies! Carol was an original, and we all miss her every day!





2 comments:

Melissa Stinson said...

My mom loved being in pajamas more than anything! She never cared what you looked like or wore, she just liked to share her cooking with everyone. She's definitely missed every single day, and especially this time of year, which was one of her favorites. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure you have a ton of memories from over the years! I pray every day she watches over my kids/grandkids and my dad and we know she's around and sending messages to us. It's been a rough one losing her!

Miss Merry said...

What a great memory!