Saturday, August 11, 2018

SNGF: Ancestors in the Social Security Death Index

Randy at Genea-Musings has challenged us to learn about ancestors who are listed in the Social Security Death Index. Here are my findings:

My father, Paul Orshoski (1927-1985)  is listed, but my mother, Joyce Parker Orshoski (1931-2010)  is not. My parents are pictured below in a wedding picture from 1950.


















The names of Dad's parents, Steve Orshoski (1905-1971) and Emma Yeager Orshoski (1906-1979) are found in the Social Security Death Index. My paternal grandparents are pictured below, shortly before or after they were married.


















The name of Grandpa Steve Orshoski's father, Joseph Orshoski (1885-1976) is also found in the Social Security Death Index. Joseph Orshoski, who is my great grandfather, is pictured below with his second wife, Julia Orshoski.


















Both Grandpa Joe and my step great grandmother Julia Orshoski were natives of Hungary, and they cherished their adopted new home in America! So, I have found four ancestors in the Social Security Death Index. Thanks for a fun SNGF, Randy!

No comments: