Mrs. Mary Barney Spencer was the daughter of Theodore and Marie (Barney) Spencer. She resided in Sandusky for a time, but eventually she moved to Cleveland, Ohio. Mary Barney Spencer died on June 14, 1950. Her remains were returned to Sandusky, where she was buried in the family lot at Oakland Cemetery. Mary Barney Spencer's mother was the adopted daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Freeland T. Barney.