Sunday, April 26, 2009
Chapel and Residence at Oakland Cemetery
An online brochure from the City of Sandusky states that the residence and chapel at Oakland Cemetery were constructed about 1875. The chapel was renovated and rededicated in 1975. Beautiful stained glass windows are found in the chapel. Funerals at the Oakland Cemetery Chapel are available at no cost, but donations are accepted.
Oakland Cemetery is located at 2917 Milan Road, just south of Perkins Avenue in Sandusky, Ohio. A map of Oakland Cemetery is found at the FindaGrave site. A small diagram of the chapel and residence are located on the eastern border of the map of Oakland Cemetery.